1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1/4 cup
red wine vinegar
dried rosemary, crumbled
3 1/2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks or 3 1/2 lbs
london broil beef, approximately 2 inches thick
pepper, to taste
- Tenderize steak before marinating.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Add steak and turn to coat.
- Season generously with pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate steak overnight, turning occasionally (I use a Tupperware made for marinating where you can turn it over easily).
- Bring steak to room temperature.
- Preheat the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade and pat dry.
- Transfer marinade to heavy small saucepan.
- Broil steak to desired degree of doneness-- about 10 minutes per side for rare (125°F).
- Transfer to platter and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Bring marinade to a boil.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain.
- Pour marinade over steak slices and serve (and/or serve marinade alongside).