spring onion, sliced finely
red onion, chopped
( I prefer the spring onions)
green chili, chopped fine,to taste
garlic, finely chopped
gingerroot, finely chopped
freshly chopped coriander
freshly chopped mint
3 -5 drops
- Heat the oil in frying pan (I use a non stick pan) and fry the onion, chilli, ginger, garlic until translucent.
- Add turmeric and saute for a minute more.
- Add the other spices and cook for a few minutes more stirring now and then.
- Take them off the flame.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add salt to taste.
- Now add the cooked mix to the eggs.
- Add the green leaves chopped, (cilantro and mint).
- Now add it back to the pan which will have some grease in it.
- Cook for a few minutes and then flip over after sprinkling some lemon drops on the first side.
- You can also place this under a grill to do the second side.
- This goes very well with chapatis/ rotis too.
- You can add mushrooms/ carrots/ spinach/ tomatoes to the mix while it is cooking.