BASIC COOKIE DOUGH
1 cup butter or 1 cup
1 1/2 cups
2 1/2 cups
GREEK CLOVE COOKIES
GERMAN LOVE COOKIES
grated fresh lemon rind
1 1/2 teaspoons
2 -3 drops
- BASIC COOKIE DOUGH.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour slowly and mix well.
- Divide into two.
- GREEK CLOVE CRESCENTS.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix brandy into 1/2 cookie dough.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoon into balls and crescents.
- Press one whole clove into center of each.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet 10- 12 minutes until set but not brown.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- GERMAN LOVE COOKIES.
- Mix into 1/2 cookie dough- nuts, molasses, lemon peel, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Heat over to 375.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch on well-floured cloth covered board.
- Cut into rectangles 2 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet 10- 12 minutes- until no imprint remains when touched lightly.
- In bowl mix confectioners sugar, lemon juice, water and food color for glaze.
- While cookies are warm, brush with glaze.