thick coconut milk
dates, deseeded and chopped
3 1/2 tablespoons
- Churn dates in a food processor with a little coconut milk.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 2 tblsps of coconut milk and set aside.
- Mix the balance coconut milk and sugar in a pan.
- Add the date paste and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the cornflour paste when it comes to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Put the mix in an aluminium vessel and freeze for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- Take it out of the freezer and keep at room temperature.
- Beat cream over ice till light and fluffy.
- Beat the set ice cream too.
- Add the cream to this and mix well.
- Refreeze for 6-7 hours or overnight again.