2 1/2 tablespoons
kalamata olives, pitted
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 teaspoons
French bread or
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Separate the unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Place in a small heat-proof dish and brush with 1/2 tbls.
- olive oil.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the baked cloves of garlic.
- Add the olives, remaining olive oil, marsala, rosemary, and peppercorns.
- Cover and bake for about 15 minutes, until the garlic is soft.
- About 5 minutes before the olives are ready, wrap the bread in aluminum foil and heat it in the oven.
- Serve the olives with the warm bread.