roughly chopped tomatoes
chopped and seeded bell peppers
hot peppers, chopped, seeded
garlic cloves, minced
1 (170.09 g) can
- Combine all ingredients except tomato paste in large sauce pot.
- Simmer until desired thickness.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Ladle hot salsa into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head-space.
- Process 15 minutes in a hot water bath.
- Note: use more hot peppers for a very hot salsa or less for mild.
- It depends on how hot your peppers are and how hot you like your salsa.
- I never get close to 2 1/2 cups for our mild salsa.