shallot, finely chopped
jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
Old Bay Seasoning
2 -3 slices
white bread, made into crumbs in the food processor
- Butter or canola oil for frying cakes.
- Squeeze all excess liquid from crab.
- Mix rest of ingredients together, up to bread crumbs.
- Add to crab, mix gently.
- Add bread crumbs and mix.
- Add a bit more bread crumbs to form cakes of whatever size you like.
- Fry small cakes for a few minutes until brown on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- If you are making entrée size crab cakes, preheat oven to 450, fry on each side and put in oven for 5 minutes.
- Flip cakes and bake another 5 minutes until center of cakes is hot.
- Crab cakes can be held in a warm oven for about an hour if needed.