For the filling
1 lb smoked haddock or 1 lb
cod fish fillet, skin removed and broken into large chunks
fresh parsley, finely chopped
salt and pepper
For the topping
potatoes, peeled and boiled
cheddar cheese, grated
grated parmesan cheese
tomato, sliced to place on top
- Peel and boil the potatoes until soft.
- Drain and mash with 1/2 ounce butter and the tablespoon of milk.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- In a wok or frying pan, gently fry the onions and garlic in 1 oz butter until soft and transparent.
- Add the fish,parsley, cream, lemon juice and salt and pepper to the wok or frying pan and mix well.
- Place the fish filling into a casserole dish.
- Top with the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the potatoes.
- Divide the remaining 1/2 oz butter on top of each tomato slice.
- Bake in a medium pre-heated oven for 40- 50 minutes.