uncooked long-grain rice
chopped cooked chicken
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
cream of celery soup
1 (8 ounce) cans
sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 (3 1/2 ounce) cans
sliced mushrooms, drained
crushed corn flakes cereal
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Stir together cooked rice and next 10 ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with cereal.
- Bake at 350?
- for 30 minutes (I bake it longer) or until golden and bubbly.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Freeze casserole up to 1 month, if desired.
- Thaw casserole in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350?
- for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake 15 minutes more or until thoroughly heated.