1 1/2 lbs
onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon
dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1/4 teaspoon
instant minced garlic
1 (12 ounce) packages
corn muffin mix
- Brown the meat in a pan coated with cooking spray.
- Blend the flour into the meat juices.
- Add the potato through salt.
- Cover, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the thyme through garlic powder.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole.
- Prepare the corn muffin batter according to package directions for cornbread and spread over the meat mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes, uncovered, at 375°F.