3/4 cup oil or 3/4 cup
1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried currants or 1 cup
3/4 cup chopped dried pineapple or 3/4 cup dried mango or 3/4 cup
whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or 2 teaspoons
( can be omitted if going the tropical route)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease 18 muffin cups, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add buttermilk, oil, honey and vanilla and mix together until well blended.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the carrots, raisins, pecans and pinepple.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture and mix until just blended (don't overmix).
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let cool for five minutes in the tins, then transfer to a cooling rack.