1/4 cup shortening or 1/4 cup
- In a bowl combine all except the shortening or lard.
- Mix until batter is smooth.
- In a skillet heat shortening or lard on medium heat till melted.
- Using a wooden spoon scoop a large spoon full from the bread batter and place it in the shortening.
- Let cook about 30 seconds or until bottom is firm enough to slip spatula under and flip over.
- Carefully turn the dough over and press with spatula to flatten.
- You may have to press it down several times.
- When it gets light brown around the edges turn it over and cook till edges are browned.
- Serve warm or place in baggies after cooling and eat as desired.