onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
green pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
garlic clove, crushed
8 -10 ounces
filet of beef, trimed of all fat
fresh cilantro, chopped
corn tortillas, heated
olive oil flavored cooking spray, as needed
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with olive oil spray and add 2 teaspoons olive oil; Add the onions and green peppers and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 minute more; (this can be done a day ahead and reheated) Or kept warm while steaks are grilling.
- Grill the meat to rare to medium rare as you like; then remove from heat and cut into strips on a cutting board.
- Add the hot cooked steak and cilantro to the warm peppers and onion and mix together in skillet, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, just to blend flavors.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas, sour cream, salsa and avocados as garnishes.