unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 tablespoons
orange rind, grated
fresh lemon rind, grated
lime rind, grated
1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice or 1 cup lemon juice or 1 cup
wild fresh blueberries
( use fresh only)
fresh squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a bundt pan, dust with flour, set aside.
- Beat butter, 1 cup sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
- Next beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Mix in orange, lemon and lime rinds.
- In fresh bowl beat eggs whites till soft peaks form.
- Mix in remaining 1/2 cup of sugar until peaks become firm.
- In a small bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix flour mixture into butter mixture alternating with the orange juice.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Fold in egg whites and add 3 cups of blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven at 350 degrees for 45- 55 minutes.
- Let cake cool on rack in pan for 20 minutes.
- While waiting for cake to cool prepare glaze.
- In a small pan bring sugar and juice to a boil for about 2 minutes, stir and let cool.
- Remove cake from pan, place cake on rack and brush on glaze-- allow cake to cool before serving-- enjoy.