4 -6 tablespoons
( I use 4 TB as I find teriyaki sauce a bit salty for our taste)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon
dark sesame oil
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (I use more) or 1 teaspoon
bottled hot sauce, to taste
( I use more)
2 teaspoons bottled chopped ginger (I use more) or 1 teaspoon
freshly grated ginger, to taste
( I use more)
2 teaspoons bottled chopped garlic or 2
garlic cloves, minced, to taste
salt, to taste
top sirloin steak, cut into one inch strips
1 medium Spanish onions or 1 medium
purple onion, sliced
green pepper, cut into strips
- Mix all ingredients together for the marinade.
- Cut the beef into one inch strips and add to the marinade.
- Put in a plastic container or Ziploc bag in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, stirring/shaking often.
- To make stirfry, heat sesame oil in a non-stick skillet or wok skillet.
- Add the sesame seeds, garlic and ginger and mix together until seeds are slightly toasted and flavors blended.
- Add sliced Spanish onion, green peppers, 1/4 cup of marinade, mix well and stirfry until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the beef, mixing well to blend all the flavors and ingredients.
- If you want, you can add some more of the marinade with the beef.
- Stir fry about 5- 7 minutes on medium heat for medium rare or longer for your tastes.
- It went great with a bottle of Cabernet Shiraz Merlot red wine.
- Note: I reduced the measurement for the teriyaki sauce because it was a tad salty when I originally made it.
- If you don't mind the salty flavor, you can add more for your taste.