whipping cream, divided
egg yolks, lightly beaten
semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Line 8 x 4 inch (1. 5 L) loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Mix 1/2 cup whipping cream with egg yolks.
- Set aside.
- Heat chocolate, corn syrup and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.
- Add egg mixture; cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly; cool to room temperature.
- Beat the remaining whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla, until stiff peaks form; gently stir in chocolate mixture until no streaks remain& pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate overnight (my preference) or freeze 3 hours.
- Invert Chocolate Truffle Loaf onto serving plate; remove pan and peel off plastic wrap.
- Serve plain, with a wee dollop of whipped cream or with raspberry sauce.