freshly squeezed lime juice
freshly grated lime rind
salt and pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients (all except fish) in a plastic container large enough to hold fish in a single layer.
- Add halibut and turn over.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning at least once.
- Remove fish from marinade and pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Grill halibut over medium-hot coals for about 4 minutes per side, or until fish is done in the center.
- Serve marinade sauce over fish.