jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
chipotle chile in adobo
packed brown sugar
red wine vinegar
diced canned tomato
2 (2721.55 g)
chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- In 4 qt pot, render bacon over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeno, sauteing until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients, simmering slowly over low heat for 3 hours, until sauce thickens.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Drizzle vegetable oil over chicken to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken, skin-side down, on grill and cook approximately 15 minutes per side.
- Turn, as necessary, until chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Spoon sauce over both sides of chicken and continue grilling until chicken is cooked through or juices run clear, approximately 5- 10 more minutes.