extra virgin olive oil
Tomatoes, coarsley chopped and seeded
bell peppers, your color choice,chopped and seeded
1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup
dry white wine
2 -3 tablespoons
grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
fresh basil or
toasted Italian bread
- In medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and peppers and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with balsamic vinegar.
- If you are carbing, lay 1 slice toasted Italian bread at the bottom of each bowl.
- Pour the soup over the bread, add parm cheese and fresh herbs atop the soup.