1 (8 ounce) packages
monterey jack pepper cheese, cut into 1 x 1 1/2 inch pieces
vegetable oil cooking spray
- Place one cheese cube in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with water and fold corners of wrapper to center, enclosing filling and overlapping edges slightly.
- Place on sheets of wax paper and spray with cooking spray. Cover with additional wax paper to prevent drying out.
- Pour oil to 3 inch in large Dutch oven and heat to 350°F.
- Fry wontons until golden brown on each side, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with dip if desired.