finely chopped ripe peaches
( the juice from 1/2 a lemon)
2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups
- Combine the peaches, lemon juice and 3/4 cup of sugar in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the fridge and drain the juice into another bowl and set aside.
- Return the peaches to the fridge.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup of sugar until completely blended.
- Add the cream and milk and whisk to blend and then add the peach juice and mix until completely blended.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the ice maker's directions.
- When the ice cream is almost frozen (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the peaches and continue freezing until it is ready.
- If your ice cream maker is anything like mine, you may need to put the ice cream into a container and let it finish freezing in the freezer.