1 lb yams or 1 lb
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons
salt and pepper
grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook red skinned potatoes in microwave for 5-7 minutes.
- Cook yams in microwave for 7-9 minutes.
- In medium skillet, brown beef for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cinnamon, and cumin; Simmer 3 minutes.
- Combine milk, flour, butter, and nutmeg in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and whisk in egg yolk.
- Thinly slice potatoes.
- Place half of potatoes and yams on bottom of 2 quart casserole.
- Layer meat mixture, then remaining potatoes and yams.
- Pour sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.