1 3/4 cups
firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup mashed baked sweet potatoes, cooled or 3/4 cup
1/2 cup room temperature soymilk or 1/2 cup rice milk or 1/2 cup
4 egg whites or 2
eggs, at room temperature,lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons
finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift and whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger.
- In another bowl, stir together sweet potato or pumpkin, soy milk, egg whites, oil, and vanilla until blended.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
- Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffin pan to wire rack.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins from cups; finish cooling on rack.
- Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature.