onion, peeled and thinly sliced
garlic, peeled and minced
1 1/2 lbs
ripe tomatoes, cut into dice
- Melt buter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring until it begins to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf and horseradish.
- Stir, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tomatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt, cayenne and thyme.
- Ladle into hot canning jars.
- Seal and place in hot bath for 15-20 minutes.