salted butter, melted
cooking apples, peeled,cored and sliced
( such as Triple Sec or Cointreau)
salt and pepper
- Melt all but 2 Tbs of the butter and pour over the duck in a roasting pan.
- Truss and bake at 350° 15 minutes per lb, basting often with the pan juices.
- Combine the cider and liqueur in a saucepan and reduce slightly by boiling.
- Gradually add the cream, salt& pepper.
- Over low heat, reduce the sauce by 1/3 or until thick.
- Fry the apple slices in 2 Tbs butter until golden brown.
- Remove the duck and let rest 15 minutes.
- Place the duck on serving platter, surrounded by the cooked apples.
- Serve the sauce in a separate dish with a spoon or ladle.