chopped fresh parsley
garlic, finely minced or pressed
toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 lbs boneless beef sirloin or 1 1/2 lbs
snow peas, julienned
( or sugar snap peas,halved)
( or use halved cherry tomatoes)
baby corn, halved or quartered lengthwise,depending on size
- Combine all marinade/dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- An hour before grilling, remove steak from the refrigerator, dry with paper towels, and bring to room temperature, uncovered.
- If you are using flank steak, make diagonal cuts accross both sides of the meat to help tenderize it.
- Grill steak to desired doneness.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak thinly across the grain of the meat.
- Put slices in a bowl and pour half of the dressing/marinade over them.
- Toss salad greens with a small amount of marinade/dressing, just enough to coat them.
- Put greens on a large platter or on 6 individual plates.
- Arrange vegetables in a decorative manner on greens.
- Place beef slices in the center of the salad.
- To take this camping or on a picnic, bag all ingredients separately, and combine at the site.
- It's best to put the steak slices in the marinade/dressing while they are still warm, but don't leave them in for more than 20 minutes.
- Pass extra marinade/dressing on the side.
- Cooking time includes time for meat to come to room temperature.