1 loaf Italian bread or 1 loaf
French bread, unsliced
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
garlic clove, smashed
( add another if desired)
- Slice loaf, LEAVING CRUST INTACT, into slices.
- It is important NOT to slice through the bottom.
- Set aside.
- Mix butter with other ingredients.
- Allow to sit on counter a while, so flavors travel all through the butter.
- Take a length of foil, and place loaf lengthwise on the foil.
- Very gently, spread slices apart, being careful not to break bottom, and spread with butter mixture.
- When all slices are spread, use any leftover butter to spread the top of the loaf.
- Wrap sides of foil up.
- Leave top UNCOVERED.
- Twist ends of foil.
- Bake on tray for about 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- This is great with spaghetti or lasagna.
- When baking lasagna, just put it in with the lasagna for the last half hour of baking time.