1 (18 1/4 ounce) packages
plain dark chocolate fudge cake mix
( Hellman's is best)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 2- 9 inch round cake pans.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, blend with an electric mixer on low speed for one minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly between the 2 pans.
- Bake the cakes until they spring back when lightly pressed, about 28-32 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on racks for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of each cake and invert on to cooling rack.
- Cool completely and frost as desired.