2 1/2 cups
vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies, crumbs
2 ounces melted butter or 2 ounces
cream cheese, room temperature
eggs, room temperature
1 (14 ounce) cans
sweetened condensed milk
( Eagle Brand)
pure vanilla extract
toasted sliced almonds, crushed slightly
- Spray a 9 inch spring form pan with a cooking spray, the bottom and sides.
- Place cookie crumbs (including the vanilla filling) in a large bowl.
- (A total of 2 1/2 cups).
- Add the 1/8 tsp almond extract and the melted butter.
- Combine well until crumbly.
- Pack onto bottom and up the sides of prepared pan.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a mixer bowl place 24 ounces cream cheese and beat until thick and fluffly.
- Add in the can of Sweetened Condensed Milk and combine well.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well to combine after each egg.
- Add the amaretto liquer and almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Beat well combined.
- Add by stirring in the toasted sliced crushed almond.
- Pour into prepared cookie lined spring form pan.
- If desired you can scatter a few toasted sliced almond over the top.
- Bake at 300 degrees oven for 60 minutes.
- Until the centre is set.
- Remove to a rack and cool at least two hours.
- Then refrigerate another 8 hours or overnite until serving.
- Note: this cheesecake bakes as you would any other one.
- bake by your favourite and tried and true method whether it be a water bath or dry heat-- works either way--.
- I always bake my cakes the same way (dry heat) and can tell when to remove them by the doneness around the edge and a slight jiggle still in centre--.