boneless skinless chicken breast halves
kosher salt, divided
fresh ground black pepper, divided
parmesan cheese, grated
- Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet or a rolling pin, to tenderize the meat and ensure uniform thickness.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken and let sit for 15 minutes or so.
- Heat a skillet over med-high heat, and add olive oil.
- When pan is sufficiently heated, sear chicken breasts over high heat.
- Allow about 2 minutes (until lightly browned) before turning to other side.
- Optional: Before serving, sprinkle grated cheese on chicken and broil for approx 5-10 mins (until cheese is melted).
- Serving suggestions: Serve this over pasta, or as chicken sandwich with fresh tomatoes, lettuce and mustard/mayo.
- Personally I love this with fried rice too.