refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
egg whites, at room temperature
plain nonfat yogurt
( 114 g)
( 136 g)
dark brown sugar, packed
( 73 g)
2 1/2 cups
unbleached all-purpose flour
( 313 g)
( 110 g)
unsweetened crushed pineapple in juice
( 36 g)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C, Gas Mark 6).
- Position the top rack in the center of the oven.
- Lightly coat a 9 inch (22. 5 cm) bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Dust with flour and tap out excess.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, yogurt, oil, applesauce, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- On a piece of waxed paper, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt (if using), cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Gradually add to egg-applesauce mixture, stirring until incorporated.
- Stir in the carrots.
- Drain and reserve the juice from the pineapple.
- Stir the drained pineapple and raisins into the cake batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Slide a thin knife around the edges and center of the cake to loosen it from the pan.
- Invert onto a rack to cool.
- When ready to serve, transfer cake to a serving platter.