3 3/4 lbs
center cut pork loin
3 -4 cloves
garlic, peeled and sliced
( I use Tony Chachere's Original)
1 (12 ounce) cans beer or 1 (12 ounce) cans
( just for basting anyway.)
- Fire up the grill!
- We have gas so I heat it up on High for about 10 min.
- Then turn to low.
- If useing Charcoal sear then cook over indirect heat.
- I use a paring knife to cut slits into the meat on the fatty side.
- Approximately 18 holes (kinda like golf huh).
- Insert at least 1 slice of garlic per hole, I try to get it into the middle of the loin.
- Rub loin on all sides with Creole Seasoning.
- Grill approx 15 minutes, roll it over and baste with beer.
- Continue grilling, approx every 15 minutes roll 1/4 turn and baste with beer.
- Usually takes about 45- 60 minutes (depends on grilling heat) Check with meat thermometer,@160 degrees F remove from heat, cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes.