salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
red wine vinegar
ripe plum tomatoes, cubed
red onion, diced
pita bread, cut into triangles
( for Italian variation use crusty Italian bread)
fresh Italian parsley
lemon wedge, as a garnish
- Chop parsley and set aside.
- Chop the remaining vegetables, and add them to a bowl.
- Add olives.
- Add dressing and parsley, mix thoroughly coating the vegetables.
- Add additional salt and pepper if you wish.
- Transfer salad to a platter.
- Crumble feta cheese on top.
- Place lemon wedges around platter.
- Serve with pita triangles (warmed is best).