2 red bell peppers or 2
green bell peppers, cut into strips
( or one each)
garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 lbs lean beef sirloin or 1 1/2 lbs
boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
1 1/4 teaspoons
1 -2 teaspoon
( depending on how much heat you want)
fresh lime juice
non stick cooking spray
6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- I like to use my iron skillet for these.
- When skillet is very hot add bell peppers, onion and garlic; (be careful not to burn garlic or it will taste bitter) cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is slightly golden and peppers are tender.
- Stir in beef or chicken, cumin and chili powder; cook, Squeeze a little lime juice over meat and stir occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve in tortillas; top with desired toppings.