1 1/4-1 1/2 cups
- In a mixing bowl, stir in flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the shortening, the mixture should have a small mealy texture to it.
- Make a well in the middle and pour a small amount of water at a time until the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and continue to knead until it looks smooth and feels elasticy. Place in covered bowl and let rest for 10 minutes.
- At this time, preheat ungreased griddle over medium-high heat.
- Tear off golfball sized pieces and lightly flatten, so they don't roll.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball into a circle, thickness of a cracker.
- Cook for each side for about 1 minute.
- Both sides should be slightly freckled.
- Cooking time could vary.