1 (4 lb)
1 1/2 tablespoons
extra virgin olive oil
lemon, cut in chunks
finely zested fresh lemon rind
minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Rinse chicken inside and out and dry well.
- In a bowl, combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon minced rosemary, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Rub the chicken all over with the olive oil, then rub with the seasoned salt.
- Tuck the rosemary sprig and lemon chunks into the chicken cavity.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375° and continue roasting for about one more hour or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- The recipe did not state to baste with pan juices, but the next time I make this chicken I will do so.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.