jumbo shrimp, shelled,deveined
cooked chicken, skinless,2 inch pieces
fresh ground black pepper
lime juice, fresh
( may substitute lemon)
sweet onions, sliced
fresh ginger, piece,cut coarsely
green chili peppers, chopped
( TO TASTE, USE RUBBER GLOVES TO CHOP CHILE)
dried hot red chili peppers
black mustard seeds
2 -3 cups
( TO TASTE)
- Marinate shrimp with salt, pepper, turmeric and lime for 2 hours, covered in refrigerator.
- Brown garlic and most of sliced onion in oil.
- Remove vegetables and place along with ginger, cilantro, green chiles and the rest of the onion, into a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Add red peppers and mustard seeds to pan used to brown garlic and onions.
- Fry peppers and mustard seeds for 30 seconds.
- Add onion paste and coconut milk to red peppers and mustard seeds.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30-45 minutes.
- (until oil rises to the top) Saute shrimp in oil, until firm (4-7 minutes).
- Add cooked shrimp and chicken to curry, heat thoroughly and serve over steamed rice.