( I use distilled bottled water)
( use only kosher salt)
small cucumbers, thoroughly scrubbed
coarsely chopped fresh dill
( for a stronger dill flavor increase to 3/4 cup)
fresh garlic cloves
( coarsely chopped or sliced, use more for a stronger garlic taste)
whole black peppercorns
- Clean the glass jar and lid thoroughly in your dishwasher or with hot soapy water.
- Combine the water, salt and vinegar in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Pack the cucumbers and the remaining ingredients in a 2-quart (2 litre) glass jar, and pour brine (water/vinegar mixture) over them, covering the cucumbers completely.
- Store, covered in the the refrigerator.
- The pickles will be ready in 7 days, but the longer you leave them in the refrigerator the better they will be and will keep refrigerated for months (if they last that long!).
- **NOTE** since the peel is eaten on these pickles, make certain to wash and scrub the outside of the cucumbers well to remove any dirt, I use a small nail brush to scrub the outsides.