shallots, peeled & chopped
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch garlic cloves in salted, boiling water for four minutes, then peel& puree.
- (Or you could try using roasted garlic- just make sure you don't boil it!) Whisk everything except lemon juice together until thick.
- Add lemon juice, and whisk again.
- You can use a different mustard base, like honey mustard, or a spicy raspberry mustard.
- You can use red or white wine in place of the vinegar.
- You can also use a different juice, in place of the lemon, like orange, or lime.