4.92 ml kosher salt or 4.92 ml
of a robust extra virgin olive oil
( it does make a difference)
1 (680.38 g) can
1 (170.09 g) can
fresh cracked black pepper
red pepper flakes
- On your cutting board, chop and smash the garlic into a paste with the salt.
- Heat a large saucepan with the oil in it over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook for about 8 minutes or until the onions are all brown.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and scrape the bottom to get all the"flavor" bits off of it.
- Crush the tomatoes into the pan using your hand (it's a little gross, but it will give the sauce texture like you've never seen).
- Add the tomato paste and all of the seasonings except the parsley and basil.
- Stir to combined.
- Bring to a soft boil, turn the heat to low, and cover.
- Let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stir occasionally.
- Add the parsley and basil.
- Serve over pasta, rice, pizza, anything.