bone-in skinless chicken breasts
( we like Pyramid Apricot Ale)
garlic, pressed or minced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
1 medium anaheim chilies, seeded/chopped or 1 (4 ounce) cans
mild green chilies
chopped fresh parsley
peanut butter, mixed with
4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups
1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon
Splenda sugar substitute
chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large non-stick saute pan, sear chicken breasts on each side for 1 minute; set aside.
- In the same pan, saute shallot, celery and carrot in 2t oil on low for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Sprinkle with curry powder; mix well.
- Slowly add beer and stir as curry begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a 8qt stockpot, saute garlic in remaining 1t olive oil over med heat for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, bay leaves& tomatoes; cover& simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add curry mixture to the chicken and tomatoes, along with the chile pepper, parsley, and peanut butter/water.
- When all is well combined, add stock and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Remove chicken breasts, cool (enough so that it can be easily removed from the bone) and dice the meat.
- Return chicken to stockpot.
- If desired, add sugar and cilantro.
- Taste, adjust seasonings, and serve.