1 (29 ounce) cans
sliced yellow cling peaches
( packed in syrup)
( we used Lorna Doones!)
light brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain peaches (Use peach syrup for beverage or dessert sauce.); place in single layer in buttered 9-inch pie plate; sprinkle lemon juice over.
- Crush cookies coarsely between sheets of waxed paper with a rolling pin.(There should be 3/4 cup.)
- Combine with brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; cut in butter or margarine with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake in hot oven 20 minutes, or until crumbs toast lightly.
- Serve plain or with cream or ice cream.
- (We liked ours warm!).