scotch steak fillets
grated fresh ginger
( I have used jarred)
lebanese cucumber, seeded
( bell pepper)
rice wine vinegar
lemon, juice of
roasted sesame seeds
( for garnish)
- Combine ingredients for marinade.
- Immerse steak in marinade, turning to coat.
- Refrigerate at least half an hour.
- Peel cucumber and dice into 1cm cubes.
- Slice capscicum into strips and then across ways to be about the same size as the cucumber.
- Slice spring onions on the diagonal (make sure you use some of the green bit) Combine in a salad bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and 2 tbs water.
- Boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, and them simmer for 2 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, and then poor directly over the salsa.
- Cook the meat to your liking.
- Retain the marinade.
- I use the GF and have it rare.
- Allow it to rest at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak into thin strips, retaining the shape of the steak.
- Boil the marinade for 3 minutes to remove any bacteria.
- Keep warm until serving.
- Serve the steak on a bed of plain rice.
- Top with some reserved marinade, and the salsa and finally with the sesame seeds.