vine ripe tomatoes
of diced red onion
4 -5 leaves
fresh basil, rolled and sliced
prosciutto, rolled and thin sliced
2 -3 links
sweet Italian sausage links, crumbled
fresh grated parmesan cheese
fresh angel hair pasta
chili pepper flakes
salt and pepper
- Prepare Tomatoes: Boil a large pot of water and prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Cut an X in the bottom of each vine ripe totmatoe.
- Place in boiling water for 30 seconds or until skin begins to peel back.
- Immediately remove and place in ice water.
- When all tomatoes are prepare, remove skins, core, cut each in half, and squeeze to remove seeds and pulp.
- Coarse chop tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large saute pan or skillet brown sausage and prosciutto.
- Add onions and galic and saute until onions begin to appear translucent.
- Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup of white wine and allow to reduce until liquid is almost gone.
- Add tomatoes and herbs and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before done add a generous amount of parmesan cheese to help thicken and flavor sauce.
- Prepare Angel Hair Pasta per directions cook until al dente.
- Drain and add to sauce, mix and transfer to large pasta bowl.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.