10 tablespoons butter or 10 tablespoons
1 1/2 cups
- Mix yeast, 2 Tbsp sugar and WARM water together in a bowl.
- Mix potato flakes with cold water in a separate bowl.
- In your mixer combine the powdered milk, 1/4 sugar, salt and 4 C flour.
- Add softened butter, eggs, yeast and potato mixtures to mixer bowl.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add remaining flour in small amounts until it"cleans" the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Remove from bowl and knead on a floured board for about 10 minutes.
- Grease a clean bowl and set the dough inside to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Divide into 36 balls and cover with a damp cloth.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Add more cinnamon if you prefer.
- Add enough oil to the bottom of a skillet to just barely cover the bottom.
- Heat over a medium flame.
- Take a ball of dough and flatten in the palm of your hand.
- Put a spoonful of the cinnamon mixture on the dough and wrap the dough around it.
- Put into the hot oil and let cook about a half of a minute then flatten with a spatula.
- Let cook another 30 seconds, flip and flatten some more.
- Allow it to finish browning.
- Remove from skillet and let cool on a paper towel.
- Repeat the process adding more oil as needed to the skillet to prevent the pancakes from sticking.