diced sweet onions
( I like to use fresh but canned will work, too ()
1 (9 inch)
pie shells, partially baked for 10 minutes at 375 f
grated swiss cheese
crumbled feta cheese
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add crabmeat, stir until heated through.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pie shell with Parmesan Reggian cheese.
- Place crab and onion mixture in pie shell.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and then top with grated Swiss cheese on top of the crabmeat mixture.
- Mix eggs, cream, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Slowly pour mixture over ingredients in pie shell.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven at 375 degrees until done, about 25 minutes.
- Cool before slicing.
- Serve at room temperature.