extra virgin olive oil
onion, finely chopped
1 (10 ounce) cans
Rotel tomatoes & chilies
( 4 oz each)
part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Warm oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder and red pepper, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- In shallow dish, beat egg white and milk until it begins to foam.
- Place corn meal on wax paper, dip fillets in egg mixture, then in corn meal.
- Spray a 13 x 9 in baking dish with non-stick cooking spary and place fillets in dish.
- Pour sauce over fish, sprinkle with cheese and bake about 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.