( extra large or jumbo)
1 1/4 cups
( heaped spoons)
light sour cream
fat free cream cheese, at room temperature
vanilla instant pudding mix
instant vanilla pudding
other seasonal fruit
- Preheat oven 325 degrees, butter a 9inch springform pan.
- whip egg whites with 3/4 cup sugar ntil very stiff.
- Put aside combine yolks, remaining sugar (1/2 cup), flour, vanilla, sour cream, cream cheese, and 1/2 of the instant pudding powder, and mix until smooth.
- I use the mixer for this.
- gently fold whipped whites into cheese mixture and add the orange peel.
- pour into prepared pan, and bake until top is almost golden but not quite, and the cake is quite firm.
- In my oven it takes about 40-50min.
- Remove from oven and let rest.
- Cool completely.
- I normally cool overnight before topping, best to keep in the fridge.
- to prepare topping-- whip milk+cream+remaining pudding powder until stiff.
- Pour over the cake and keep in the fridge.
- Before serving you could top with berries or other fruits sprinkled with powder sugar.
- It is best to serve this cake at room temperature and I normally take it out of the fridge at least an hour before serving.