extra virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, minced
shrimp, deveined and sliced in half lengthwise
frozen green pea, thawed
coarsely shredded carrot
reduced-sodium chicken broth
processed light cream cheese
2 cups cooked farfalle pasta, cooked without added salt (bow tie pasta) or 2 cups
( bow tie pasta)
grated parmesan cheese
grated fresh lemon rind
fresh ground black pepper
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add oil and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add minced garlic and saute 15 seconds.
- Add shrimp and saute until pink.
- Add peas and carrot.
- Saute 1 minute, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add broth and cream cheese to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Stir in shrimp mixture, farfalle, and next 4 ingredients.
- Cook 1 minute.
- If desired, garnish with chives.