ground black pepper
grated parmesan cheese
1 (12 ounce) boxes
( or your choice of pasta)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, pepper and salt, and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Turn the heat down if the mixture reaches a rapid boil or it could boil over.
- You just want a simmer.
- Add the cheese, and continue to simmer sauce for 8 minutes or until thick.
- While sauce cooks, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil and add the pasta.
- Cook pasta for about 12 minutes or until done, then drain it.
- Spoon pasta onto serving plates with Alfredo sauce poured over the top.